Friday, February 22, 2008

Beaded card


Okies I had to laugh at myself and my own silliness yesterday.You see I have often admired beading done around fixed objects but had never know how people do this....I truely thought that it was some sort of firm type of beading stitch that made the beads hug tightly around the central item.Well Kelsey and I got chatting by e-mail and she sent me a file on how to do this and I had a HUGE "doh" moment when I realized the beading was done thru a layer of felt or stiffening that you had attached the fixed central item to bead around too.Well I gave it a go around a lovely Krafty Lady face mold I had.My seed beads are not sorted to size so I had some larger then others and hence the beading isn't snug in some places but I loved doing it and the effect it gives.The background is Luminarte Primary Elements Polished Pigments mixed with floor polish that I pressed white gloss card and the gauze into.After Midnight Art Stamps Butterfly stamp stamped with Stuart Superior black glue and stick pad with Pearl-ex dusted on once heat activated and the leaf is a Karfty Lady mold caste with Friendly Plastic.
Felt the card still needed something so added the words and the little beads to the gauze

4 comments:

kelsey said...

Oh Annette! This looks just wondeful on the card. Did you make it so it can be taken off and worn as a brooch??? All it needs is a pin-back on it and it's set to go! Glad I could help with your beading endeavours .... careful...it's addicting!!! lol

Diane said...

This is wonderful! I love it & I love Krafty Lady Moulds.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Thanks Kelsey and Diane :o).Kelsey I'm making another with a pin on it for my work bag but no didn't put one on that one LOL.Annette

Night Owl Designs said...

Hi Annette! I found you, LOL! Lots of reading and beautiful picture to catch up on :-) Keep up the amazing work, Sephi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...