Sunday, November 21, 2010

Steampunk etched metal cuff with birds eggs etc

Yes it's true I am in love with my gorgeous hubby and also a secret love affair that has started to bloom....he is called a Dremmel...an amazing helper and I think soul mate LOL. For those who don't know a Dremmel is an up market crafter/artist drill. It also has many attachments you can buy to make creating easier like a flex shaft, sanding discs etc etc. What was taking me hours to do by hand (esp sanding) takes minutes now. It took me ages to get one as I hesitated at the cost and then after I did get one for my birthday last week I wasn't really sure how to use it. Then yesterday I thought "just do it"....so I got it out and turned it on, attached the sanding disc and the rest will be history *grin*
Here is a newly completed etched nickle/silver cuff with an old watch bezel filled with bird image, 3 fresh water pearls and then resin on top. I also added some ever so gently bent metal wings and some cogs.



Off to finish a copper cuff before I have to go to work.
Hugs
Annette In Oz

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Beautiful cuff Annette!
I have a Dremel given to me by Bevlea & I love it!
Haven't worked out how to use everything yet, but it a great multiple purpose tool.
My DH used it a few weeks ago & was most impressed, but, I had to remind him that it is mine & he has to ask me for permission to use it!! LOL
Hugs Lucy

Christina said...

Haven't been here for a while :-) Beautiful work as always Annette!!

Mari said...

You've been doing such gorgeous metal work recently! This cuff is perfect - I especially love the embossed design on the cuff. And that patina takes it over the top! :)

Esther said...

ooooooooooooooooooh wsooooooooooooooow

Chris Arlington said...

Fabulous Annette! HMMMM I think my hubby has one he isn't using, what can I get up to? P.S. wear a mask, you don't want to breathe in air born particles.
Hugs, Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...