Monday, November 1, 2010

Spider Spoon Necklace

Wahoo...finally I got to make some more jewellery today.I've wanted to make a spoon necklace for ages so I gave it a go....I love that you can use the back and the front of these.I'm not sure why I used the metal spider LOL but I think I had been thinking wicked thoughts about someone at work *grin*.The spider has patina on it to darken it and its web is the soft downy fluff from our native Kapok tree up here.I've used sterling sliver to make the wrapped lace and Swarovski crystals part.

Here it is closer.I was worried the feet would break on the spider when I bent them around the spoon but they were fine.

If you flip it over this is the back where I've added words and then encased them in the lovely ice resin I got from Jen Crossley

Closer to the back.

This whole last week I have been making and filling bezels with ice resin and its all felt good.I'm not the best jewellery maker but I do like trying and I'm conquering my soldering at last.Will load some more as I get them onto chain.
hugs
Annette In Oz

5 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Love your necklace Annette,the ice resin is so cool I so love it.
Glad to see you finally got to make the spoon necklace a credit to you Annette

Oxana said...

WOW!!!! GORGEOUS creations and I love this blogg!!!!

Chris Arlington said...

OOOOH spiders!!! great necklace. I would say you have conquered this.

Esther said...

Annette!! your work with those spoons is awesome!! you rock's!! spider or resin!! both are fantastic!! you have your style!! i'm so happy you are better ...

Suzanne said...

I love the necklace...All those details and techniques...A beautiful piece, congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...