Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What's On Your Workbench Wednesday (WOYWW) 204

WOW I can't believe how quick the last two weeks went. I couldn't join in WOYWW ( pop over to Julia's blog to see what WOYWW is all about) last week as we had a visitor for a few days and I also had to spend all my spare time doing some on line training to get my needed 20 points for Continuing Professional Education for Nursing Registration. I finally got the last part done yesterday and happily spent last evening cleaning up my desk. I've even replaced the stained table cloth LOL. So at last on my desk I am working on those cuffs from 2 weeks ago. Here is my desk...

Here is the left side


and the right...not much has changed on that side except its tidier!!


Behind the craft mat is a journal I made in Finnabair's class this year, two pyramid cards and a mixed media card from a few weeks back. In front of the cards are all my sorted screws, nuts, washers, metal spacer beads, metal eyelets and rivets all ready for cold connecting items to the cuffs.


 So far I have annealed, forged, pickled and patina has been added and sanded back on the cuffs. I'm about to polish them with Renaissance Wax and the blue soft cloth



At back in a plastic bag next to the pyramid card there is a etched metal house ready to solder too that I have placed back on my desk as I had forgot about it when it was out of sight.


Closer to Pyramid cards...images and how too for making them in blog here


My journal made in Finnabair's class but coloured at home myself. Images and more re what we made here


I have two evenings of work so in AM I shall play some more with my jewellery...happy as doing that :o). Hope to see whats on your desk tomorrow before work when I go blog hoping from Julia's blog.
hugs
Annette In Oz

16 comments:

Zue said...

You have some lovely work there on your desk. You have got so much texture....I love texture.
xxx
Sue

Bridget Larsen said...

Aha I finally get to see the famous Annette from Oz's desk and all the lovely things she creates to make our mouth water
Bridget #9

RosA said...

Hi Annette,

That etched metal is SO clever! I love the delicate and intricate designs! Those pyramid cards are clever too but I fear there may be too much measuring for my liking :) But I love that book cover you did with Finn.
Happy WOYWW,

RosA # 47

shazsilverwolf said...

Wow, great projects. i love the cuffs, and the journal front. Awesome. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #80

ike said...

OMGoodness that journal just rocks !!! and those pyramid cards are awesome. :-)
The right side picture looks like some kind of mad scientist torture chamber with all those tools :-D hahahaha LoL
Happy WOYWW.
IKE xx
# 93

Eliza said...

Hi Annette,

You always have such amazing stuff on your desk, love the journal and the colours used. But those cuffs are to die for. Hey you want some fond memories, I have a wider shot of my space.

Hugs E & Yoda

Candace said...

Lots of wonderful things there today

Happy WOYWW, have a great week

Candace #58

ria gall said...

I love all those wonderful things on your desk, the cuffs look amazing. The cards and the book are very pretty I love them
Happy WOYWW enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you get plenty of crafting time
Ria #113

Winnie said...

Wow Annette! Your pieces are beautiful. I love your jewelry (those cuff bracelets are fab!) what a lovely textured journal you made in class. Sounds like it was a great time! Enjoy the week! Winnie#78

Unknown said...

Wow what gorgeous work. Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww Liz@55

Jules said...

Love your Pyramid cards. Going to try and make these!! Great work space you have some great stuff Jules No57

Suzanne said...

I am jealous of your beautiful handwriting...Not to mention the jewellery and all the projects you have on the go. Inspirational, yet again!

sandra de said...

Hi Annette, you have the most interesting desk, I have zoomed in and had a peek and zoomed in again. So much great stuff. Love the Finnabair project. The Pyramid card tutorial looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Sandra @101

Unknown said...

So many lovely things I didn't know where to look!
Karen #52

Cazzy said...

Lovely makes, I really love that last piece!

I totally missed last week, sort of lost Wednesday.

Congrats on getting your points!

Happy WOYWW.

Cazzy x #157

Rockin Robin said...

Annette, thanks so much for the link. I love your style so much! I still have my special card sitting on the breakfast bar. Not only do I look at and admire it every day, but I touch it too! It's so yummy! Hugs, Rob

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...