I'm not home this week and don't have access to my craft goodies so this Tipnique Tueasday I'll share how you can make your own paper clay.
What You Need
- Construction paper pieces-white or coloured but separate your colours
- Electric blending machine
- Mesh drainer
- Small bowl
- Gl;adbake or other non stick baking sheet
- Air tight container
1) Mix 2 cups of construction paper scraps (For best results only use one colour at a time as some colours bleed out) with 4 cups of water in a blender for 20 seconds.
2) Drain the pulp and squeeze out as much of the excess water as possible.
3) Mix 1/2 a cup of flour and 1/2 a cup of water in a small bowl and blend well.
4) Add flour and water mixture to your paper pulp and knead till a soft dough forms
5) Store it in an air tight container till ready for use.
Use the dough as you would shop bought paper clay. Allow it to air dry for 1-2 days or speed up drying by placing in a low temp oven.
I went over to Queensland to meet up with my hubby on his days off...heck I miss that man! We are then off to Port MacQuarie to see his Mum which will be awesome indeed. I'll be back in the Northern Territory in the afternoon of the 15th :o)
Annette In Oz