Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Woodlands Whimsy" painting

I was never sure what my redheaded lady was going to end up looking like.As I painted her she became less sad look and unlike my free spirited Seeking painting in the post below this one seems to me to be Earthy.I've called her woodlands whimsy...or perhaps just Flora.I have hand sewn on shimmery leaves and seed beads around her

She has a dyed trim flower in her hair,blush,eye lashes and her lippie painted on.

Her dress is shades of green with white swirls and its done up with another hand dyed flower trim and some vintage lace that was also hand dyed.

Grant looked at both and asked could he sell them on E-bay LOL....that always tells me he thinks what I have done is OK.I've no idea what to do with them myself.As they are only the second and third painting I have ever attempted I may just keep them as reference guides for future works.Anywho now I have them out of my system its into making Christmas cards en mass for me now.
hugs
Annette In Oz

8 comments:

Night Owl Designs said...

You've done a beautiful job Annette, I love them both :-)

Lauren T said...

Annette, this is such lovely work. I really like the detailed background and the flower trims. I think you could sell these for sure.

Mari said...

I think they're divine! Love the addition of the shimmery leaves.
Isn't it funny what our DH's say? Mind often comments that he wants to sell my stuff on Ebay! Cracks me up - I can't imagine that he'll ever find the time to do that! :)

Christina said...

She's gorgeous Annette and has quite a different look/feel to how she started - not sad at all now! I like 'seeking' as well, but love these colours in the woodland whimsy!

Fiona said...

I love both your ladies. They are beautiful.

Fiona

Jen Crossley said...

Just sensational Annette
Hope you have a wonderful christmas and a Creative New year
Jen

Gaby Bee said...

Wanted to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Gaby xo

Eliza said...

Annette,

I am so far behind with my bloging but now i am seeing what you are upto the results are fantastic, love what you have created and your painting skill have improved out of sight.

Hugs Elizabeth
Oh Happy New Year

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...