Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday 282 (WOYWW)

OMG the weeks have flown past...had a few stressful weeks as well trying to do a course, look for a job plus a some family issues to sort out and another wonderful visit from my gorgeous 82 yr old Mum so I missed WOYWW yet again for a few weeks. TODAY I am in my art room having a play at last...its so relaxing and I miss doing art when life gets too busy and gets in the way. So...happy WOYWW everyone...WOYWW stands for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday and every Wednesday arty folk all over the World share what is on their desks. If you would like to join in or know about go to Julia Dunnit's blog here

This is my desk today...it's strewn with some VERY happy mail that came for me from two lovely arty friends. I'm slowly finding it all new homes :o)


On the left I received an amazing care package of art goods from Rockin Robin in the USA. There is an A4 Geli plate!!!!!!! (I nearly died when I saw that LOL), a little Maya Road canvas book, lots of wonderful metal bezels and metal steam punk jewellery components and a Inkadinkado Delux Stamp Gear set with 16 stamps!! It was all totally unexpected and nearly made me cry...I really have to go to the USA and meet Robin one day...thank you again Robin!


Robin sent me this card too...


In the middle of my desk are some yummy large and small cogs plus silver tape that Eliza has sent me plus the gorgeous tag she made that came too. I adore all that is steam punk and I really appreciated this gift...thanks Eliza MWAH



Lastly on the right are some Christmas cards I have started to make. I've always put them off and ended up in a mad rush to make them in the final week before Christmas so I thought I would surprise myself and get them done early this year!! Once I have the new stash put away I shall spread out and get the production line going....well that's the plan anyway LOL



BIG NEWS FOR ME....I finally got a job!...I had been trying for 7 months or so. It was hard as I decided to not be a nurse anymore after 30 years of being one. I start tomorrow at Coles in the deli. It's a large super market chain here in OZ...I'm nervous and excited. I'm part time so I should still have enough time off to do art and I am so happy about that. Perhaps I can make arty things with the sliced meat at the Deli LOL....Anyway I am off to spy on some desks for WOYWW. Thanks for dropping by
hugs
Annette In Oz

16 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

Congrats on your job. Change is as good as a holiday they say! I look forward to seeing what you do with that cog set. I have the round one. LOVE IT! #4

Helen said...

Well done and good luck for the job, and love all your goodies you got sent! Good to see your desk back again. Helen 2

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot how much fun the stamping cogs can be :) Did you even see the post I did about adding a coffee stirrer to a wood mount to make it usable in the cogs? Certain ones only, depends on the size of the mount and the space in the cog, but it's kinda fun. And don;t you just LOVE a surprise package? What a great friend. Enjoy the plate - another thing I need to drag out again LOL!

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)

Neet said...

First of all congratulations on the job front. Must be great after all this time but how lovely to be part-time so you can still do your gorgeous artwork.
Fabulous gift from Robyn, wow, that is a "blow your mind" type of parcel - and gorgeous goodies from Eliza too. Love that tag.
Enjoy your work, hope you settle in quickly.
Hugs, Neet 29 xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah, Annette, I have been way too for few weeks where does time go eh??
I love your desky treasures what a kind heart Robin has .. lovely gifts and card well done on the job enjoy it far less stressful and demanding on your body, you need to look after yourself :D
happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #25

Glenda said...

You have so much going on here this morning! Beautiful tag girl, I love the colors!
Glenda #33

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Congrats for the job, hope it goes well. Time just goes so quickly, it's scary.
Gorgeous stuff on your desk sometimes I find them too gorgeous to use Lol!
Nice to have someone to swap things with.
Have a great crafty week, Angela x 34

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annette, congrats on the new job! Retail can be wonderful, you already have the people skills from being a nurse.Fingers crossed you do not get too many rude customers, occasionally, people can be quite awful! What a fab package from Robin, how generous all our WOYWWers are to each other. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #14 xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for stopping by, so many of us have been missing in action. So many things in LIFE we have to do when the weather is nice! Lots of pretty things on your post today. Thanks for sharing and have fun getting crafty once again. Have a fun weekend. Hallowed or Not.

Chrysalis said...

Well done on getting the job - I hope it will prove just the change you need. I hope life and family settle down, and you have a chance for some 'me' time. What wonderful friends, to send such delightful goodies. Enjoy, Chris # 24

glitterandglue said...

All the best in your new job - quite a change for you from nursing. But, yes, it will indeed give you more playing - erm.. art - time!
Some lovely gifts received. Enjoy using them all.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #16

Artatag said...

Congrats on your job, how wonderful! Lucky you, what a fab care package!
Cheers
Gabriele 31

Eliza said...

Congrats again on the job, just make sure you can get time off if I come up to visit LOL What a wonderful Christmas card you are creating this year, so different, but love it. All that happy mail too, you deserve it and have fun with the gelli.

Sorry just getting to visit till now, DD stole my computer and I didn't want to reply on the iPad as it takes forever.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda #9
Thanks for visiting and happy WOYWW

VonnyK said...

Congratulations on getting a job, that's marvellous. I love those cards, did you draw up the character your self, it's gorgeous. Just the thought of Christmas makes my toes curl, I'm not anywhere near ready yet. You are so lucky getting those wonderful pressies. Have fun playing with all of them. Have a great week and enjoy your new job, plus time to do arty things.
Luv Von #11

Kelly said...

Congratulations on the new job! I keep telling myself 'change is good'. hehe I see creative deli trays in your future for the holidays LOL

Love the image for your holiday cards.
And Blessings to Robin for such a sweet treat for you. All those yummies! Where do you start? LOL Creative Blessings! Kelly #52

Nikki said...

What Happy mail you got :) lovely christmas cards in the make too REALLY LATE getting around hugs Nikki 6

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...