Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Bird Cage

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement. Here is my latest necklace The Bird Cage. It took me a few days to nut out. I decided to TRY and make a rivet type of bird cage. In error I used a brass tube that was too tiny in the inner diameter for me to flair and use as a proper rivet. So after getting quite frustrated with myself and thinking I would just toss all the tube parts I had cut with my jewellers saw, I adapted the error and used wire to connect the tubes instead. Not as neat as the gorgeous bird cages I have seen made by the clever Jen Crossley's or Christine Atkin's but hey I am still new to all of this :o). I'm hoping Jen and Chris teach this one soon as I love the look of them and I love taking classes with Jen....to get to a class with both is my dream!!.

A bit closer.

It's quite fiddly and hard to make but I still loved the end result....hey and no ice resin in sight this time LOL. The bird inside does swing and heavy dangle at the bottom helps it stay level.
Just need to trim a few wire ends closer with my flush cutter I think.
Hugs
Annette In Oz

6 comments:

Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

Just gaw-gee-us!!! It's not quite what you were "shooting" for, but hey...it works and it is a stunning piece. Love the branch bit!! Is the branch pewter? Lovely piece. Did you get my latest email? I sent you an email a couple of days ago. Check it out. Hugs, Rockin Robin (oh...BTW..finished my challenge piece. Will send pics in a couple of days. I'm happy with it!!)

Jen Crossley said...

Annette you continue to blow me away Your work is totally amazing,your a natural girl.:}

romantic decay said...

Very cool necklace!

Riki Schumacher said...

Great job Annette! I had an instructor tell me once, "finish a mistake, and do it quickly"! And you just proved him right. Great necklace, and the "mistake" opened your mind to a different style, very cool. Congrats on selling some pieces, that is very exciting. Have fun! Riki

Eliza said...

This is just stunning Annette your work is getting better and better. Keep creating girl......

Night Owl Designs said...

Annette, this is stunning! I love your bangles too. So beautiful :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...