Monday, January 4, 2010

Mellow Yellow

I've finally been able to get creative again.My back and neck still ache but I'm finding I can alternate sitting and standing and get some work done in patches.I've got several pieces of stamped metal ready to etch when I have days off and I've made a collage card just for the heck of it LOL.The background has sprays pf Polished pigments in yellow,oranges and deep copper so its quite shimmery in real life.It was over stamped,vintage image transfer added and lastly a white flourish rub on added.
Grant gave me a Spotlight gift voucher for Christmas so I stocked up on Vilene,Vliesofix(Pellon or Wonder Under...fusible webbing) and got some more of the gorgeous floral trim I love which I have stained and added to the card at the bottom over some gauze.

The second Low weather system of the wet season is over Darwin and has brought some relief from the heat and humidity.All the plants are so green now and there has been a growth in fungus's growing in the bush on our block.I counted 12 different types just walking around the gardens edge in one trip.They are fascinating to me for some reason.Some lived a day and one has been steadily growing bigger for a week and is about 15cm in diameter.I'd take some photos but the mozzies are thick in the bush and seem to love me...maybe I'll get hairy legs Grant to go and take some LOL.We have seen more Frilled Neck Lizards this year then last too which is great.Grant got two good shots of one a few days ago and I'll upload them when I can get time to crop them a bit.
hugs
Annette in Oz

9 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Im sl glad your creating again,Im so sorry about your neck and back I can relate to it.Cant wait to see you in March

Pauline Laing said...

Ooh, that's pretty!

Brenda said...

The collage card is divine. You are doing some fantastic work. Hope your back gets better soon.

Christina said...

Looks like you are putting your Christmas present to good use Annette. Stunning work as always!

Lady Di said...

Merry Christmas Annette and I hope 2010 brings you better health. Love your collage, it's got so much depth to it. Hope to see you in Brissie again when Jen comes up or perhaps it will be in March at CSR 2010.

Lady Di said...

I can't seem to send you an email for some reason, so thought I'd post here. I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland, and am not very far away from Evvie’s place as we both live near motorways. It’s a shame you can’t come to Jen’s classes, I also seriously considered attending for the same reason as you as it’s before CSR. I have decided to do Sunday’s workshop as I want to learn Ice Resin. So I guess it will be at CSR that we’ll meet again ... it’s not far away now. Hope your health improves this year and I’ll keep visiting your blog as you update it.

Eliza said...

Annette,
so good to see you are creating again, I know how hard it is when you are in pain. Love the colours and the composition of your work. What a fantasitc voucher to have, it must be hard to deceide what to purchase with it, but then again there is so much at spotlight.

Hugs Elizabeth

Lauren T said...

Good to hear that your able to get back into crafting, even if it is only just for short periods. I like the look of the collage card.

Night Owl Designs said...

Oh Annette, this is sublime! I *love* the yellow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...