Monday, March 23, 2009

Lesson Two My Backgrounds

Darn why does life have to get in your way when you need to find time for other things?.Ive only just finished my backgrounds on canvas for lesson two of my class and I'm still a week behind to everyone in the class.The good thing is I have tomorrow and Wednesday off so hope to do lesson three and then lesson four.I've used acrylics on canvas before but not in muted pastel tones so I went for brighter backgrounds then others in the class.I also like actual texture allot so I added some texture paste elements on my canvas's.The first two are straight acrylic paint canvas's


This one is one of my own backgrounds using Adirondack colour wash sprays over white gesso and then stamping done with white gesso.Before I sealed it I splashed drops of water around and then dabbed the water off to create white splotches

My little houses that I made for the retreat have gone missing and they never got there in time.Aussie post can be ssssooo disappointing at times.I even drove them 60kms into Darwin so I could use the platinum mail service.It is a so called guaranteed overnight delivery by courier to post codes listed in its network service.Darwin was a listed postcode as was the destination address.After four days of them not arriving I used on line tracking to see they had been signed as delivered the day before(so much for overnight delivery!!!).The lady receiving them says she looked the day after this but they were not there.7 days later I am still unaware if they have turned up at all.Such a shame as I worked hard on them.As my older brother often says SH&%T happens...but it still hurts!!


5 comments:

Talking Horses Arts said...

I am sorry to here that your houses have not arrived, you worked so hard on them. Its happened here before to, I think our mail sometimes still goes by pigeon. Especially overseas, then when the pigeon does not make it...mail lost!!
Your canvas backgrounds look great, cannot wait to see what they are going to be like finished!
Andrea.

Brenda said...

Your backgrounds are lovely. Looking forward to seeing the faces you paint on them. Oh, how disappointing about your little houses, grrrrr to Australia post!

Serena Lewis said...

Sorry that your houses have gone missing....hopefully, they will still turn up soon. I did hear of someone else who sent something overseas in an International overnight bag and it took weeks to show up at the address. Better late than never, I guess.

Lovely backgrounds!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog tutorial re. making a wet palette. I'm glad you found it helpful.

Cheers,
Serena

Jen Crossley said...

YOur work is always inspiring Annette
Jen

Night Owl Designs said...

Hi Annette, Your backgrounds look divine, you'll make beautiful art with them I know. Can't wait to see them :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...