Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Class Has Begun and Is It A Scanner ??

I'm really excited as my on line class with Paulette Insall has just begun.I'll be learning how to draw and paint faces on canvas.Lesson one is downloaded but I'm madly making 50 faux glass mini houses to send for a swap that is nearly due so I can't look at the lesson yet WAH.I drew this a while back and it was on my blog but I deleted "that post" so here she is again.I will try to share my journey thru the class as I go.I'm hoping my ability to draw faces gets better and improves from this humble try....maybe she should be called "Eve".Oh my I have never really painted before so this is going to be very interesting to say the least.

My scanner/printer broke and I mentioned to my 13yr old son Tim that I had read some place that someone turned their old scanner into a light box.I then explained that you use a light box for tracing stencils as the light shone from underneath the glass so you could then see where to trace on the stencil.Tim loves making stuff and has draws full of Dick Smith bits and pieces.He went off into the bedroom with the old scanner/printer and came back half an hour later with my recycled but usable light box just for his Mum.

OMG I didn't realize my image is reflected on the glass above LOL.Tim put a new switch upper right and it runs on a 9Volt battery

That's how it looks with the light on...perfect

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I can't wait to see your progress in Paulette's class. I had never picked up a paintbrush before either so if I can do it you most certainly can! Love your repurposed scanner/lightbox. What a clever son you have.

Joanne said...

Don't forget to show us the houses before you send them off!

Night Owl Designs said...

Clever boy. Lucky you Annette!

Lee Ann Spillane said...

How clever is your son! I have an old printer/scanner sitting around here somewhere... wonder if my handy husband could rig it up as a lightbox! I'm in Paulette's class with you. What a good idea to blog our journey!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...