Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Diamond Fold Pop Up Card How Too / Tipnique Tuesday

Yeh hubby is here for his 9 days off . Gosh I miss that man. Regardless Tuesday is here again. This weeks card tutorial is similar to last weeks and in fact I had then back to back in my old paper crafts tips and techniques book. This creates a diamond shape in the centre with a type of concertina fold on each side. I'm away and this will be a scheduled post so I'll add a video from Youtube (not my own video) so you can see and a step by step in person plus samples.

                                              DIAMOND FOLD POP UP CARD

SUPPLIES

  • Card stock. This time you need the long edges to be three times the measurement of the short end. Mine was 9cm by 27cm. Its the same whether you use inches or cms eg; 4x12inches
  • Ruler, rubber, pencil, craft knife, bone folder and craft mat.
  • Stamps/images and papers of choice.
HOW TOO

1) Have card stock in the landscape position. Lightly mark a dot at the centre point.


 2) Bend bottom edges up so that they align along the centre marks and crease the fold with your bone folder. Open it back up.

3) Bend top edges down so that they align along the centre marks and crease the fold with your bone folder.


Open it back out to look like this



4) Now turn it over bend each end into meet the point where the two lines of the "X" intersect.


5) While the ends are still folded forward, fold the edges in again to the centre mark on your card stock.


Unfold it to look like this.  Rub out any pencil marks


 6) Gently fold the the sides in on themselves over centre diamond. Turn it to the front and the diamond pops up. Decorate as desired. It will fold flat down for posting.



Here is a video I found on Youtube of one being made by Chris Walker :o)



hugs
Annette In Oz

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hi Annette! Glad your hubby is home! Yay! I think you and some of the other WOYWWers are going to turn me into a card making stamper person, haha! I look forward to Tuesdays for your Tip almost as I look forward to Wednesdays to see everyone!!! Have a great evening ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...