SPRING UP CARD
- Base card stock. Whatever width you want it double the measurement for the height. So mine is 11.5cm by 23cm. It's the same wether you use inches or cms eg;4x8inches etc etc
- Pencil, rubber, ruler, craft knife, craft mat, glue and bone folder
- Stamps/images and papers of your choice
1) Have card in landscape position so short edges are at the sides. Fold card in half and use bone folder to crease the folded edge
2) Unfold card. Fold right side into centre crease and use bone folder to crease the folded edge.
Turn it over
3) Take top left and align it down along the first crease on the right side. Press folded line with bone folder.
Take bottom left and align it up along the first crease on the right side. Press folded line with bone folder.
Open it back up and it should look like this
4) Place it in the portrait position with the section with uncreased area at bottom. Measure and mark a dot at the half way point and draw a light line from here to the points created from the creases at either side. I've marked mine with black ink so you can see what I mean.
Use your ruler and craft knife and cut this area away. Turn card so diamond shape at top. Rub out any pencil marks
Gently fold the card into shape as per below.
5) Bend the diamond shape to the back and apply glue only to the triangle area at top not below the fold line.
Press this down onto bottom section so diamond pops up. decorate as desired :o)
A quick simple card with enough WOW to make the recipient happy.
Annette In Oz